Sunday, June 10, 2012

Business Marketing: The Sounds of Success

In this blog post, I'd like to talk about Business Marketing utilizing song. I have been taking more and more notice to TV commercial ads and radio ads that have a sing along song intertwined in their ad. I began wondering if one could use song to advertise anything and advertise any type of business. After some time of intense observation, I realized that yes, one can use song to advertise anything and any type of business.

If you turn on your radio, of course all ads are sound oriented, but notice how many ads have a little jingle to them. Whether it is an auto parts company or a medical company, I have noticed that people take more notice to an ad when it is recognizable by some sort of music based sound. I myself sing along to these catchy advertisements, and I can attest that a company is more memorable to me because of the songs. There are many times when I hear a company name and immediately start singing the ad that I have memorized unconsciously.

On television, whether it is a short Subway jingle like "Eat Fresh," or a long jingle like the one for The General Auto Insurance, ads have a somewhat hypnotizing effect on their listeners and/or viewers when they consistently use a song or jingle that becomes familiar over time, just as your favorite Pop songs do after listening to them many times on the radio. I think this catchy trick of using musical sound as an advertizing and marketing strategy has contributed to many companies successes. Becoming familiar is one general goal most companies want to accomplish, and I think using song is a fast way to accomplish this.

Would you use music and song to promote your business? Do you think doing so is cheesy?

No comments:

Post a Comment