Sunday, January 22, 2012

The National Sports Marketing Network


            In this blog post, I’d like to review the National Sports Marketing Network (NSMN). This website initially caught m eye when just doing some research on sports marketing. I like places that present an opportunity for networking and knowledge. According to the front page of the NSMN site, they have been “advancing the sports business industry sine 1998.” Instantly, I feel like I have found an awesome resource for the industry I am thinking about working in one day.
            I first notice that there are different chapters, based on location of the NSMN.  Right now there are 12 chapters in 12 different cities. There are events in these different chapters that members can attend for free.  These events provide opportunities for members to get certain discounts, network with various companies and high profile professionals.
            The most critical member benefit I feel is the complimentary job matching and job posting service, career appointments, and twitter workshops. The job matching is an awesome benefit; as usual job boards typically do not have sports marketing based opportunities. The career appointments allow one to make appointment with someone to go over resume etc., in order to be prepared to land a career in sports marketing. The twitter workshop enables people to build their personal brand with the sports business community. I like this a lot, as I have never seen such a structured beneficial layout of opportunity before for those in the sports business realm.
            I was looking through the list of Los Angeles chapter members, and I recognize a lot of the big and small names (including Redbull and Ticketmaster). I definitely want to join and go to a couple vents to see really what the NSMN is really about. It looks like there is a large chance of gaining something from participating. The website is structured, organized, straightforward, and easy to browse through.


http://www.sportsmarketingnetwork.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment